Benefits of Acid Peels
Acid Peels help even skin-tone and exfoliate dead skin- revealing a smooth new layer of clear skin. Just as there are different strengths (varying percentages) of peels, there are also different types of peels and each has different benefits- from treating
The scars that come with acne can leave lasting effects on self confidence. In my adolescence, I was lucky to be able to visit the dermatologist for
Types of Acid Peels
- Salicylic Acid Peels: salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy recommended for acne-prone, oily, and or combination skin- it’s the active ingredient in many cleansers, gels, and moisturizers.
- Glycolic Acid Peels: while glycolic acid is an anti-aging alpha hydroxy acid, it did help with my acne and dark spots or scars as well. It penetrates the skin down to the lower layers, fosters collagen induction (production), which will minimize and prevent fine lines and wrinkles long term while providing the immediate results of exfoliation and evening complexion.
- TCA Acid Peels: trichloroacetic acid, removes the uppermost layers of the skin to reveal smoother texture, a more even skin-tone, and minimizes shallow scars.
- Jessner Acid Peels: penetrating and removing layers to a medium depth, Jessner peels target fine lines, acne scars, uneven complexion, minimizes melasma, and exfoliates- revealing radiant skin.
- Lactic Acid Peels: because it targets the superficial surface layers of the skin, a lactic acid peel is recommended for those with sensitive skin, but it is also used to lighten dark or discolored areas and minimize fine lines (thedermreview).
Doctor Gary L. Waterman has performed TCA, Jessner, Salicylic, Lactic and Glycolic Acid peels on me, and each does have a slightly different effect and result. Subscribe and stay tuned to the blog as we’ll also be discussing TCA Cross and Pick-axe scars in a later posts.
Call and Schedule a Peel Today!
*Subscribe because we’ll be discussing acids further in Skin-care and Acne posts in the future- they’re my secret for clearing up and preventing breakouts, minimizing pores, and banishing blackheads.
See posts on my personal Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog, Subversive.Style: